Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Our Team (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Evil Twin new sizes: 70 and 87 (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4914)

Ola_H 16th October 2008 06:34 PM

Evil Twin new sizes: 70 and 87

For those of you that have not already noticed, the new Evil Twin sizes 70 and 87 are now up on the site:

http://www.star-board.com/2009/pages...v_eviltwin.php

That makes it four boards in the ET family (and 8 fins!).

sailpower 23rd October 2008 01:41 AM

my new Evil 70 arrive this week.I hope try it this weekend! :-)

Ola_H 23rd October 2008 01:51 AM

A great board. I've hardly touched another board since I got it.

Give us some feedback when you've sailed it.

sailpower 23rd October 2008 04:13 PM

maybe sunday if the board is delivred before the week end :)

Ola_H 23rd October 2008 04:32 PM

Aaah. Sunday could be the epic day of the year also here. Or it could turn into nothing...

sailpower 24th October 2008 03:25 AM

I have my new evil 70 yeahhhhhhhhh, I have sold my ET74 and now it's time to windsurf! :) I hope saturday and sunday will be windy!!

Ola_H 24th October 2008 04:15 AM

Just out of curiosity, why do you a priori (ie without having sailed it) think the ET70 will suit you better than the ET74? Pure size? Something about the shape?

It would be interesting to hear your views now, and then hear if you were right after you sailed it.

sailpower 24th October 2008 07:03 PM

Ok Ola, it a good question.
As maybe you know I used acid 74+86 before, my sails are blade 3.7, 4.2, 5.0 and 5.7(only for the A86) and I weigh 80-82/83 kg. I like small boards with speed, nervousness, reactivity and grip to carve.

This year I decided to try twinzer because I'am very curious :). Naturally I change my A74 for a ET74 and I keep my A86 because I use it in irregular conditions and sometimes on flat water with big sails (5.7) and It's seem me to be much better for this.

I receive my ET74 in july, I try it all the summer and september in various conditions: side, sideon, side off, small and big waves and with 3.7, 4.2 and 5.0 overpowered or lowpowered.
I like it! The perfect compromise between evo (Sorry I hate the evo's :)) and acid (I Love Acid!!!). The ET have good speed, pretty planning, good and easy upwind and a fantastic grip for surf. Bottom turn and top turn can be more radical and easy.

The only """problem""" for me is the ET74 seems to be too big for me ( I love small boards with minimum width and volume feeling). I have a 78 liter board feeling with ET74

In fact ET74 is for me the perfect unique wave board or the perfect trip board but with my A86 the two boards are too close. Then as I had the possibility of changing easily for ET70, I order it.

I hope to have a board a little more aggressive with OFO width shorter and with a small board feeling in big wind conditions.

I have chance to try other products on the market and in the other brands we recommand to use the superior size (fanatic, mistral etc) In my opinion I think for Evil it's not true. I think we can choose the good size (you search a 75 liter you choose ET74 etc...).

That's the reason why... :-) , I hope to have answered your questions and I will inform you after my first sessions with the ET70

Sorry for my poor english...

Ola_H 24th October 2008 07:52 PM

Good thinking and perfectly logical reasons. I think you're doing the right thing. The ET70 feels noticeably more compact and is for me (70kg) simply a better fit. As you, I almost exclusively rode the ET74 since I got it and was super impressed by its versatility and range. Almost to the point that I was worried to get the ET70: I like very much to have boards with that all round quality and thought that maybe the 70 would be better for most conditions but would still loose out on all roundedness.

But in fact, the 70 is maybe even more all round for me and I only sailed the 74 once (for pure comparison reasons) since I got the 70. Even underpowered conditions is very nice on the 70 (as long as you don't need the float of a significantly bigger board).

Anyway, good luck with the board. I hope you're weekend goes off.

sailpower 4th November 2008 09:37 PM

Hi all,

2 bad weekend for windsurfing but the fellow would be great I hope! The First weekend, light wind and nice waves but my foot is out I stay at home... This weekend we drive four hours for good conditions (40 knts and big big rain). We go on water and 30 minutes after wind stop grrrrrrr. Just few minutes at planning with the EV70 and 5.0 in really strong current.
First impressions are really good, the board seem to be very reactive to plane good upwind but the 15 fins are probably too short for my blade 5.0 and my 80 kg.... I need 16 fins I think, the 15 will be really good with my 4.2 and 3.7. Unfortunately no surf but it seem to be fast to change direction and the shortest OFO I love.
More infos after long 4 weekend the last week. We hope high winds and good 2-4m swell in cotentin