Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Our Team (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Isonic 122 (2008) - bubble on bottom side (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5032)

andreas 6th November 2008 12:09 PM

Isonic 122 (2008) - bubble on bottom side

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Starboard-Team!

I have a 2008 Isonic 122 which suddenly became a bubble on the bottom side. In 3 weeks the bubble has turned to the size you can see on the attached picture.
I have bought the board 8 months ago. As it is a very expensive board, I don't want any repairs and sanding on the bottom side - in my opinion it should be replaced with a new one. A board like this must not get faulty within the first months!
What is your suggestion to do?

Looking forward to any answer...

cya on the water...
Andreas

toddewoell 6th November 2008 06:29 PM

Finger or Toe?

andreas 6th November 2008 07:52 PM

forefinger of left hand

Marko 6th November 2008 08:24 PM

I had the same thing but a little bit bigger on my sonic 100 from 2004.
I noticed it after few uses and it stayed there for 3 seasons and it did not get any bigger.

It did not bother me because it was on the front part of the board.

andreas 6th November 2008 09:37 PM

forgot to mention that the bubble is about 30cm from the backend of the board...

andreas 7th November 2008 04:08 PM

Nobody from the team to answer my question?
What about Ian, Remi, Chris an all the others?

Chris Pressler 7th November 2008 04:16 PM

Hi Andreas,
did you get in contact with your retailer, where you bought the board? In my opininon it really doesnīt matter, because itīs really tiny. You could take some sandpaper and get it flat. But sure, I understand your complaints.
You can imagine that I often have little cuts on my iSonics, just from travelling, for instance, but normally itīs the best and fastets way to find a selfmade repair method or to contact a local guy, who can flatten it out easily.

Chris

kapten k 10th November 2008 02:14 AM

this can happen if you store a wet board in your board-bag, make sure you store your board dry.

To make the bubble smaller /go away store your board warm and dry for a couple of days and open the vent.

if its not only the paint, you got a delamination and you should get it fixed.

Or just sail the board until the shape too old

Glenn
sweden

taylormade 25th March 2009 08:05 PM

paint bubbles

If it was caused but storing the board in a wet board bag why does it only happen on the bottom and not the top or rails and expecially around the footstraps where it hold the moisture most. I dont believe this is the cause at all. I think its just something starboard corporate has came up with to avoid having to replace or repair a whole bunch of defective boards.:mad: