Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   ProKids World (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Evo or Flare? (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575)

noah 27th October 2006 02:24 AM

Evo or Flare?

Hi guys my son Noah is looking for a new board which do you think?
Evo 62 or flare 60
He is 8 years old and been sailing for 1 year , currently on a young gun 114 , he weighs 35kgs and sails a 3.5 and a 2.5 here in Lanzarote , Canary Islands .
He is learning to waterstart and is using harness and footstraps
Benn (Noahs dad)

Sarah-Quita 27th October 2006 06:23 AM

RE: Evo or Flare?

Hi Benn!

I've been to Lanzarote and from what I know it has big swell (costa teguise).My suggestion is that you should take the Evo I think it has a little more variety, if there are waves you can have some great fun wavesailing.
Also if you want to freestyle the Evo will do fine. To me the flare is a pure freestyle board. I think Noah would do great on a Evo...
But maybe you should wait and see about what other people think

Sarah-Quita;)

Bernd 28th October 2006 06:28 AM

Aloha,
I agree with Sarah, the Evo is a great board for waves and freestyle. I have used my Flare in waves and it did really good!
Bernd

noah 28th October 2006 04:48 PM

Hola prokids
Thanks for your replies , Noah is thinking of getting the flare 60 for now while he is still learning to waterstart , then maybe he will get a wave board after , what do you think ? The Evo is cooler looking but I guess it also has more rocker , planes later etc , sure we get alot of swell here but he isn't out in masthigh waves yet
Keep shredding guys
Benn(Noahs dad)

noah 12th November 2006 07:00 PM

aloha dis es noah am thenking abaut geteng flare and a 2.5 sael adios mi amigo

Bernd 13th November 2006 12:13 AM

Aloha Noah,

When I was 8 I used a 2.1 and 2.5 sail here in Maui. Both worked awesome! You will love your Flare, I just used my yesterday at Hookipa when the wind was light. See ya!

Bernd B)

noah 17th November 2006 02:04 PM

hola bernd this is noah in lanzarote I'll be out of the water for 3 weecs becayse my mast broke . still waiting for my flare
60 adios mi amigo .

noah 19th November 2006 03:21 PM

aloha bernd thes is noah how do yu jumpa.

Bernd 22nd November 2006 11:58 AM

Hi Noah,

Sorry about the delay. I started to jump on small chop. Hit it and lift you feet. Sheet in and look ahead of you for your landing.

CYA

noah 23rd November 2006 12:30 AM

Thanks for your advise , Do you compete in any races on Maui? Did it take you a long time to learn to jump , how old were you , what size was your board?
Thanks again Noah :D