Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (
-   Ask Our Team (
-   -   Sail to mast velcro craddle attachment (

TaylorFrank 3rd August 2009 11:58 PM

Sail to mast velcro craddle attachment
My wife has a United Performances "Ultra profile Sail" from the early 90's. This sail has 2 plastic cradles that insert into the edge of the sail and then attach to the mast by velcro. One of the plastic sides that slips into slots on the sail has broken. Can anyone tell me the name of this part or where I can find a replacement?


Frank T.

michelb 4th August 2009 03:47 AM

It's a Camber inducer. You can use the sail without it because is very difficult to find any replacement for this kind of camber inducers.
That sails were convertibles cam - cam less.

Just use it without both ones. ( I remember I broke both ones 6 years ago) I start using the sail camless. No big differences considering that sail is no more than 6 mts ( probablly 4,5 to 5 meters).

Saludos desde Chile.

Michel Bulat

TaylorFrank 4th August 2009 09:43 AM

Thank you. i finally did find out the name of the piece but havent been able to locate one. Will try it without. Worst case is that we have to buy a new sail

nonopr 4th August 2009 11:16 AM

I think is time for you to buy a new sail. Big difference now days.

michelb 4th August 2009 08:28 PM

In any case nonopr has rigth. Better to look for a new ( maybe barely used) Sail. Your wife will be amazed with the differences in weigth and stability. Any decent free ride sail from 2006 up today will be a big difference. Also you can go 1/2 meter bigger because the wheigth and stability.

Good luck


TaylorFrank 5th August 2009 01:26 AM

I'm going to let the wife try it without the Cambers in place and if she really thinks we will spend more time using it then replace the Sail. It has sat unused for a number of years while time hasn't. Not getting any younger

All times are GMT +7. The time now is 05:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.