Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   ProKids World (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   windsurfing e.t.c (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72)

Localhero 20th August 2006 11:40 PM

windsurfing e.t.c

Well done to :everyone for being so generally brilliant at windsurfing!
:D
Also, I am probably an intermidiate windsurfer, but have no kit. Which board and sail should i go for if I'm 14 and 47kg? The wind where i live isn't very strong. Thanks v much, from Polly

jaeger 22nd August 2006 05:25 PM

RE: windsurfing e.t.c

Hey Polly,

The Severne Microwaves are really good. They range from 2.0m to 3.6m. We spent alot of time in developing them to make them the best kids sails on the market.
What discipline are you into?
Are there waves where you live?
Definitely one of the Star-board Prokids board would be the go. They have a board for each discipline and have all been designed for people of your standard and weight. See if you can test ride some of the boards and get a feel for them.

Seeya,

Jaeger

jaeger 22nd August 2006 05:28 PM

As well, if you need bit bigger sails the sort depends on what discipline you do. But go Severne. The Sizes you would probably need that are bigger than 3.6 is a 4.0m and if you want a 4.5. I'm 60kg and normally the biggest sail i use is 4.5 but sometimes sneak out on a 5.0m when it's really light. Smallest is 3.0m.

Jaeger

Localhero 23rd August 2006 07:42 PM

cheers

Thank you so much, that's really useful. I live in Cornwall so its more surfing than windsurfing down here (I do that too) but I'm going to Weymouth/Portland in Dorset next week to windsurf, do you know it? The 2012 Olympics are coming there...
I'm used to 3.5 to 4.5 sails, sometimes a 5.0. I don't really have a favourite discipline, I like them all!
Thank you again, Polly

windsurferdagg 27th August 2006 10:29 PM

HEY POLLY!. Are you in Cornwall ontario canada? Cause that isn't to far from where I windsurf. I just started 8 windsurfing days ago but I m pretty good I think. I can waterstart, helitack, sailbody 360, tack gybe plane comfertably, use a harness and I am just learning how to flip 360.

Do you gius have anytips for the flip 360? Everytime I go into the backwind part of the move, my heel edge digs in to the water and I get thrown backwards. This only happens when I am in stronger conditions, not light winds. Any tips would be great!

If not canada, than where. I know there are 2 or more perths in the world, two londons and two cornwalls I think so I might be wrong. Do you sail in lighter winds? I use a 5.0 for higher winds (12 +knots) and a 6.6 for lighter winds (12 knots or lower) I can really get going with them. But I way 130 pounds and I am 5'10.5"

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Localhero 28th August 2006 07:14 PM

Yeah, thanks...although i am in Cornwall as in the U.K!
bye
Polly

Localhero 10th September 2006 08:53 PM

Ok, hi its me again...
I was just wondering at what sort of stage should you start using a harness because I've started to windsurf more and more. Why doesn't that sound like a normal sentence? Oh, maybe it does...
Thanks, Polly

jaeger 11th September 2006 03:11 PM

Hey Polly,

I started using a harness as soon as i was used to getting my feet in the straps and planning.

Seeya,

Jaeger

Localhero 15th September 2006 02:26 AM

Thanks, thats great.
Also, thanks for replying to all the ones ive postified, it was really kind!
bye
Polly