Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (
-   Kevin`s Corner (
-   -   Futura 93 For Lightweight Rider (

agrelon 21st November 2009 07:26 PM

Futura 93 For Lightweight Rider
Hi Kevin,

I'm 54kg and am particularly interested in the Futura 93 as a medium - high wind board.

I can waterstart well on both tacks, get planning in the straps and 50% of the time can get jibes round (carving 100%, but sometimes screwing up on the rig flip).

Do you think this board will be manageable in quite high wind for my weight? (possibly up to bft 7 with a 4.5)

Apparently these boards pretty much sail themselves and really want to test one, especially for the easy jibing. I just don't want to buy one and realize that for high wind I may have been better off with something smaller...

Kevin Pritchard 2nd December 2009 10:02 PM

Yeah I think it is a great board for you. Strap it up with the straps in the inside and forward and it will go for you!!

Check out my brothers tips at

He says bigger is better..

agrelon 3rd December 2009 05:21 PM

Great thanks!

btw, why did you recommend the straps inboard? I found on my current board that outboard gave me much more control when fully powered up...

Kevin Pritchard 11th December 2009 10:30 AM

I find you have more control with them inboard... I think you have more leverage with them outboard giving you more lift. But this could also make it easier to get on the rail more.