Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Free Forum (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ACL LCL Windsurfing injury (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8147)

Unregistered 5th February 2010 12:01 AM

ACL LCL Windsurfing injury

Recently have both ligaments torn in a Slalom board accident

Stepped in the tail of the board a lost balance

Any experience/advice with?

Also, any comments on using CTI Knee braces??

Unregistered 5th February 2010 12:21 AM

Now I can kick you butt.

Unregistered 5th February 2010 06:36 AM

ni con una sola pierna, pendejo

Unregistered 5th February 2010 07:12 AM

What? you say?

nonopr 5th February 2010 07:13 AM

Diablo Cuco que paso hay?

Unregistered 5th February 2010 07:35 AM

Must be tough living in the closet

Floyd 10th February 2010 03:29 AM

I snapped ACL and badly tore medial ligaments (in knee) around 5 years ago.(Sailing injury)

Had ACL replaced (eventually) and medial "tidied up" (as surgeon called it) Initial poor recovery with no sailing for approx 18 months.

Gradually got back to full use with loads of cycling. (Took at least 3 years from operation to get to surgeon`s quoted 80%. Now reckon its as strong as before injury.(Its better than other knee now)

I think my long recovery was probably to do with age.(Not that old but was 47 when injured) and I had a couple of falls on knee after surgery.

Its great now ; aches after hard useage but even restarted snowboarding.

Good luck. Buy a bike. (Exercises knee without impact. Be patient. It will recover !!!)

If it needs surgery get it done sooner rather than later. (Footballers get it done same week as injury !!! ,(if its needed) mine was 5 months after !!!) (Was told physio would work !!!)

Floyd 10th February 2010 03:34 AM

PS
I had little (no !!) success with braces. (Spent a fortune on a Titanium/Carbon fiber contraption that just didn`t stay in place; and when it did I felt it offered little real help.
(Got mates who swear by them though so ???? borrow one from local physio dept before you buy one ???)

Unregistered 11th February 2010 07:25 AM

Thanks!! At last, and intelligent and serious response!!!

please forgive the previous responses but there is always and envious party pooper with no manners and inteligence

I've been a avious cycler and I'm already biking again daily ( 30 km +-) and is helping a lot

What happened when you used the " carbon fiber contraption"? did you injured yourself again?

any brand recomendations from your friends who have it working?

Thanks a lot, mate

Good winds

Unregistered 12th February 2010 12:26 AM

I had a complete tear of the ACL less than a year ago - (from playing basketball.)

I spent as much time on the bike as I could both before and after my ACL reconstruction. I was doing wave-sailing (no jumps and taking it pretty easy on the wave face) three months after my surgery. 8 months later, I am playing basketball, doing whatever I want windsurfing, and training for a marathon. No problems.

Train for your surgery by putting time in on the bike beforehand. It is also the most important part of your therapy. I have had a great recovery that by no means should be considered standard - but I worked my @$$ off for it.