Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Free Forum (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DAYS? (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919)

Guest 7th January 2007 04:25 PM

DAYS?

Yeah hello, I was wondering how many days pr. year you guys get on the water? Therefore I'll start a research! Please write your preferred diciplin too.. I'll start:

days: like 50 days
Diciplin: freestyle

your turn...

tweex

Russell 7th January 2007 08:15 PM

RE: DAYS?

160 days windsurfing freestyle and waves
44 days just surfing
70 days off due to injury
There were other days I could have been on the water but I was too buisy taking Photos both surfing and windsurfing.

2006 was not a bad year just counted up the days in my diary.

Russell

-Lampi- 7th January 2007 09:04 PM

about 65 days
freestyle (well sort of, most of the time i was in the water...:D)

This year i'm looking for 80+, but already missed a week in Egypt - broken arm:(

Guest 9th January 2007 04:33 PM

interesting.. But until now it's a quite little reseach... :( Aren't there any others who writes in a log when they have been on the water??

tweex

puffin 9th January 2007 07:49 PM

I started keeping a sailing log nine years ago...pretty basic. I list where I sailed, what gear I was on, who I sailed with, what technique I worked on etc. It's also great for making notes about gear maintenance, rigging notes etc. I can't tell you the number of times I have flipped through an old sailing diary and discovered some note to myself that I'd forgetten but needed to know!

-Michael (sailed 70 days last year)

Guest 9th January 2007 11:42 PM

RE: DAYS

I log all of my sessions including GPS data.

2005 - 52 days
2006 - 59 days

Formula 70% of the time.

It's hard to get more time on the water with a "regular" full time job.

Ken

steveC 10th January 2007 12:03 AM

For a number of years I regularly maintained a sailing log identifying where I sailed, the boards and sails used, time sailed and a brief comment or two about the conditions. At that time I was averaging 100-125 days a year, and that was balanced working 50-55 hours a week. Surprisingly, now that I'm retired, I'm actually sailing a bit less. Maybe in the range of 75-90 days a year. Being the beginning of the year, it's a really good time start a sailing log again. It's a good habit to develop, especially since its tough to remember much weeks or months later.

Philip 10th January 2007 04:41 AM

70 days. Slalom (blasting & the turny bits) only.
Over 9 months of the year (ie. when not wobbling down the ski slopes)
TOW per session about 3 hours.
Don't keep a log nor do I do GPS.
If I did have a log it would parallel local wind and temperature conditions (or if I worked it would be affected by that routine) and any time out doing other sporty things (like working on base fitness).

Del Carpenter 10th January 2007 10:09 AM

Averaged 76.5 days in 1995 through 2006 (highest number was 108, lowest was 57). That includes 5-10 days a year sailing on snow or ice with a windsurfing rig attached to a modified toboggan.

January 9th was my 4th day this year.