View Single Post
Old 27th May 2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Floyd

Default RE: Kombat 2005 vs 2006

Hi not team but anyway ;
I think you will find k97 is from o7 model year.The k96 is from 06.
But dont think it makes a great deal of difference.
I have a k95 and love it. Its an ideal heavies wave board.Not tried k97 but have had an afternoon on k96 ! Veery much swings and roundabouts. Both boards planed up quick and turned superb.
K95 felt (IMHO) slightly looser but to be fair the 96 had a different fin in to one I normally use.
Dont really think changes between any (k95/96 or 97) would make you decide not to get anyone of them. In theory later models are supposed (???) to be quicker but I only use mine with inboard and forward strap (ie in wave)
I reckon any differenced between the 3 could be reversed ; changed or modified according to fin choice and position.
Not as big fan of classic box but it does mean you have loads of adjustment with fin.and mine (k95) is very fin sensitive.
I found k95 to be generally underfinned.(with 2 fins supplied)(240 and 280) Bought a MFC31 and it transformed board for use with 6.2. (largest I use on it)
If you are looking for a smooth sailing easy gybing big wave board I reckon any of the 3 are best on market at moment. (But I would because I bought one)
Never bothored with slalom set up but its a bonus .(Dont really want to load that box up but SB reckon its fine upto a 33)
Its a great board !
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote