View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 08:21 PM   #4
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Biggest sail on the FT-138

I would seriously consider getting a 70cm fin though. I can't imagine getting as much power out of the 9.8 as I do without it. I will admit though that I tried to use my stock 56cm fin with the 148 and found it very hard to keep from spinning out. I have a feeling the large fin has become a crutch for me in some instances. Still, if you want ultimate light wind performance, a larger fin will get it for you. I was using a generic Drake 70cm for the past year, but just got the R14 70 Soft. I have noticed that with the R14, I have even better light wind performance.

But, of course, my primary suggestion would be to get the 10.0 and try it with your current fin stash. If that doesn't work, then go and get a bigger fin. For starters, you don't need to get a super expensive 70cm fin. Just get one on ebay for $100 USD and give it a go. If you don't like it, you can probably sell it for close to what you bought it for. (or find a local who will let you borrow)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote