View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2007, 06:47 AM   #2
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Am I right about the mast foot position all the way back on an F-type?

The more I sail my FT148, the more I realize I like the mast track all the way back. I haven't moved it from this location in well over a year. I use a 9.8 v8 on it the most. The other sail is an 8.0. I've found I can control things just fine from that position. I'm only 145 lbs/65kg. So, I guess this combo works for all sizes.

I've found I like using a large fin on my FT148, but I'm about to get some smaller fins to play around with. I want to be sure I'm not using too much fin when the wind picks up. For the lightest of lightwind days, I have an R14S. This has been a great find for me. I can plane in next to no wind.

The other day, I was using my FT148/9.8V8 combo with a R13M 68cm fin. The wind was probably <15mph. I got the board up over 25mph. I thought this was a pretty good showing with that big of a fin.

The only time you should move the mast forward is when you can&#39;t keep the board down (tailwalking). I find that I can swing my body weight more to the mast when I&#39;m about to tailwalk and this counteracts things for the most part.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote