Erik Loots

Send a message via MSN to Erik Loots
Default RE: I sonic 145 VS F-Type 138

No steveC you are this time wrong!

UNderstand me very well: There is for everyone a good windsurfstuff

3 years ago my brother was on starboard start
2 year ago my brother was on Freeformula 168 with NP v8 8.5&9.8
1 year ago on isonic 135

He Really likes the freeformula and start. He is recreational surfer, he doesnt want to be the fastest. It is just about the feeling of windsurfing, in the most relaxing conditions: like 12kn and sun

Than he bought the isonic 135, this resulted in higher speeds (of course) my brother hitted >33knots on the board. He is fast, and overtakes allmost everyone, BUT HE DOESNT HAVE FUN.

1) He hates to tune it
2) He hates to change gear
3) He hates to change style

this results is bad surfdays with minimal time on water! The gear is 90% of the time over or underpowerd.

I think that 90% of the surfers dont want it all, they just want to have fun, and that doesnt mean 5kn faster at a certain course.

SteveC and people like me (and mostly other forum users) we are really stoked to use new stuff and better our technique. We want that xtra knot. But we are a lot smaller group.

In the netherlands slalomboards are the hype, a lot people buy them (we had 3 isonics, 1 still here) But when you watch the surfers on slalomboards you will see them standing 50-75% of the time on shore. This is what I mean, when I was on the water, I NEVER saw my brother! He was surfing 15km // 10 miles a day! He came from 80km 50mile AND A BIG SMILE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Starboard iSonic woodcarbon 107, iSonic speed special W54, iSonic speed special W44
Sonntag Fins
Severne Reflex Sails
Erik Loots is offline   Reply With Quote