View Single Post
Old 27th June 2007, 11:10 PM   #15
Peterk

Default RE: Quiver update: Retros vs Huckers for B&F

My Quiver:
Retro 9.0 and 7.0
Hucker 5.6 and 4.8
Old Sailworks Cam 1+1 4.0 and 3.5

I have it all covered. the 4.0 and 3.5 are for the really silly days. Very few days they will be used.

The four new Sailwork sails is all I really need. I weigh 168lbs and I used the 4.8 on a 30knot day. When it blows 30, I should be on my 4.0.

The hucker has a huge range. It is not hype. Technically it has less twist than the retro but I gotta tell you; you can downhaul the crap out of it. It handled the high wind with my weight no problem. As a matter of fact, it was so stable that it actually scared me. I was looking for a throttle to slow the freakin' thing down.

The difference between the Hucker and the Retro? In my opinion, the Retro has give so you can throttle it down. The Hucker just wants to go faster when the wind cranks.

I like the Retro in the larger sizes due to the 2meter jump I have in my larger sizes. They are more forgiving and allow me to hang on by using the adjustable outhaul when wind the wind picks up. Once its windy though, I really like the locked in feeling of the Huckers.

That is one rookies eval of the Sailworks line.

Peter
Peterk is offline   Reply With Quote