View Single Post
Old 29th June 2007, 06:06 AM   #11
mark h

Default RE: Formula or isonic 155 for max speed ?

Now that most of the proper high speed winds have left the UK & wont re-appear till the autum, a few of us are trying to climb the GPS-Speeding.com Formula rankings. Although they are basically course racing boards, formula boards are real quick (and fun) of the wind. Today, I'v added a formula session at GPS-SS for 5 x 10'sec average @ 29.2 knots, max display 30.5k & software max @ 31.3 knots. Not fast compaired to speed or slalom boards but on a 100cm wide board, the sensations are like a zillion miles per hour and it is fast enough to put me 3rd in the formual rankings (did a cart-wheel in the garden when I worked it out). Keep't switching between a C3 E 67cm & a Select Ultra 58cm, neither where right for this day. So I'v just bought a Deb 63cm tonight to make sure I'm covered for the next formula session. I had 32 knots on the dial last year, but was'nt using GPS-SS then, so I cant prove it. I'm confident that these boards could, on the right day do 33/34 knots. Only problem is that, to do these sort of speeds, you need low to mid twenty knot winds & you could be on something much smaller/sleeker so it means missing out on a good slalom board session. Today, I could have been hitting mid 30's on my Sonic 100/7.6m Warp, but I did'nt take it with me to avoid temptation as the formula rankings was on my mind.

Cheers

The toys:
Speed W44 - Speed W49 - speed W53 - speed W58 - iS76 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 7.8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote