View Single Post
Old 7th September 2007, 07:41 AM   #5
davide

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveC View Post
Hi Davide,

Well, I can say my worries about whether the new board could deliver the goods were erased completely once I had the opportunity to run it through the paces. However, as Ian so aptly noted in his post above, the newer wider styled boards do take some adjustment in your stance and technique. I've found that the new board is arguably faster, offers great control in heavy chop, and it jibes significantly better. One wonders how can this be true, given the sleek racier shape of the older design. Well, it just goes to show that some of our well established paradigms can sometimes hold us back from taking a different, often unclear path.

While you might prefer to hold back on the iS76 until you have an opportunity to take a test drive, I'm sure that you'll find like I did that all that width really does work.
You mean that there might be a reason why something like the boat below works (gee they do move a lot of water just to do 25-30 Knots)!

Besides the joke I am sure the board will work well (better then my skill level for sure!) and am very curious, at the end I am already sailing at least 3 different styles of board (and now there will be an Acid joining the tribe) so an additional change could be fun.

thank you for the input, a ML is still a very appealing option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skandia7156high_dp.jpg (87.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by davide; 7th September 2007 at 08:00 AM.
davide is offline   Reply With Quote