Thread: Evo 80
View Single Post
Old 16th October 2007, 06:36 AM   #1
Tulla

Default Evo 80

Hi Team
I'm after a little advice. Last weekend I tested an Evo 80 in approx 20-25 knots of NE onshore wind and about 2foot waves off the beach in Queensland Australia. I'm looking at purchasing a board to replace my old glass wave board. When I tested the Evo 80 I found that I spun out quite a bit when trying to point up a little. I was very powered up with a 5.3 Gaastra.

I changed fins and had a little better success. I noticed that mast track,footstrap positions were quite different to my old design glass board and was told it is just a matter of getting used to the new setup.Also heard that moving the mast track towards the rear of the board would help.

I am after a board that I can sail off the beach(not hard core wave) and also can be used 20+ knots on flat water when my slalom board is too big.

I am an intermemdiate sailor with 12 years experience comfortable in most conditions excepting large surf.

2 Questions - do you think the Evo 80 is the right type of board and if so any hints on minimising spin out.

Thanks
Tulla is offline   Reply With Quote