View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:48 PM   #19
Screamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
Another example. When I bought my S95 I discarded "brand x model y" because I wanted proven performance from #1 manufacturer, and the S95 was descending with slight changes from the glorious S100: easy choice, despite "brand x model y" was already there, with perfectly competitive (better?) performances. Now I am changing, and, guess what? There is a manufacturer, "brand x", that is still keeping his "model y" in production, with only very very slight shape changes and NO graphic changes, and it is still credited of extremely high performances, perfectly competitive (better!) to those of the last iSonics. Good for me, choosing is easy this time too.
Hi Geo

No need to be so mysterious here, I am interested to hear what exactly is XY model/brand? Especially the part about "competitive or better" than iS. As far as I'm concerned, iS is a huge change for the better (majority of average sailors seem to agree, too) compared to Sonics pre- 2006. Now I don't know if that change would've been here if *board only gradually/slightly changed the existing Sonic (as good as it was). Please don't get me wrong, I am not being defensive or anything, just curious of your thoughts/experiences.

Btw I agree with a lot of what you say, and I've found myself nearly frustrated with the gear changes sometimes (especially the early days of Formula). But when I look at the improvements made for the last decade or even less, I'm afraid it's the very nature of the industry and the sport. So I guess we'll have to live with it.
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote