View Single Post
Old 5th November 2007, 08:50 PM   #1
marek

Default Tuning F-Type for chop/overpowered conditions + more questions

Hi Roger and all.

[1]
How would you recommend to tune my FT 148 for overpowered conditions and serious chop?
Where do I move the mastfoot? [with 7.5 sail]
What about the straps - right now I have them in the middle position but I'm starting to think to move them more outwards to get better upwind performance - but will it make the board more difficult to sail in rougher conditions?

I am 90kg, my smallest sail is 7.5 Gaastra GTX (I know how to tune it down).

[2]
I know it's not a board for this kind of conditions and I'm looking to get a used Carve 122. My major problem is chop and I'm not really into tricks/etc. I just want to cut through the chop and have a smooth, controlled and fast ride as I have on easier days with my FT. Do you think Carve 122 will be a good choice (too large possibly)? Maybe a different board?
The largest sail I'd like to use it with would be 7.5.

I'm also planing to get a 6.0 GTX (also 3 cams as I really like my 7.5) and then 5.5 Gaastra Remedy - does that sound like a reasonable plan?

[3]
Going upwind on Carve vs. FT.
I like working on my upwind techniques on my FT (like lifting the windward rail with my front foot and pressing across the fin with my back foot) and usually I'm slightly better then people on typical freeride gear, but I feel I'm still not quite there, especially comparing to the local formula folks (but I'm not sure what difference should I expect between formula and FT in upwind performance). I want to be unbeatable in terms of upwind ground!
Do you think buying a 70cm fin for my FT to be used with 10.0 sail makes sense? What kind of fin?

How about going upwind with Carve - what kind of technique will it require and generally, how does this board will feel comparing to my FT?

Thanks and I can't wait your answers,

-marek

P.S. I had a great session last Saturday - perfectly powered on my 10.0, going in both straps and passing by 90% of the folks who decided to rig smaller that day, ha!
I said that before, but what is really cool with this combo (FT+10.0) is that you can go fast on easy days (no chop) and it feels very safe (knock knock).
marek is offline   Reply With Quote