View Single Post
Old 18th August 2006, 04:42 AM   #3
shawn
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
Default RE: 2006 GO 170 vs 185

Thanks for your advice Roger, much appreciated. I spoke to another supplier who actually said 4 weeks is very optimistic and it is more likely to be 5 or 6 weeks! Even if it is 4 weeks I think I need to take advantage of the weather while I can considering the uk does not really have all year round conditions unless you wear a thick wetsuit in winter. Also I have looked at the places I'm likely to be sailing and the wind looks to be >=12 knots from now until November. Worse case scenario if I really don't get on with it, I'll sell it and get a 185 or if i really get into racing then maybe get a formula, but I don't think I'll be taking it that seriously. Hopefully it's not the wrong decision, but I'm amped to get out there and don't fancy paying the extortionate hire rates in my area.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote