View Single Post
Old 28th January 2008, 07:42 AM   #47
steveC

Hey, an updated responsive is definitely needed, at least from my perspective.

Poster 18, while can understand your frustration, the idea about structuring our outlook based on the past is a bit foolish and too old overall. What happened 20-25 years ago is frankly somewhat ancient on the current stage. Why whine about what happened so long ago? I'm 58 years old, and I've been on the game for quite a while, but the last thing I want to do is live in the past. Hell, I don't even listen to the music from back in the 60s and 70s that most older folks like me usually do. I'm thinking more about the future.

Like I tried to point out in my earlier post, the Serenity concept has my focus now, and who knows, maybe my soul. Let's be more targeted to the future and its opportunities.

Floyd, although your developed and strongly felt outlook has reflected very well with mine for so many years, I have to disagree that nothing has been done to develop a low wind kit. Quite frankly, I think Starboard has been a real innovator with the Serenity.

Of course, I have to "do the walk" so to speak, but I think that I already understand that it will be differently focused than the planing aspect of the sport (which is as you rightly say, the true majority of interest out there). Nevertheless, I have to believe that poster 18's dream of a light wind concept of windsurfing can be a reality.

Check out Remi's latest video. Rather than focusing on disappointment or other unrelated ventures, I'm thinking that the light wind focus may have rewarding benefits.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote