View Single Post
Old 14th March 2008, 07:05 PM   #16
Unregistered

I measured the distance between the screw holes in Starboard models a few years ago. There was a difference of a few mm between the widest and narrowest. With the narrowest spacing I could not get my foot into the strap, when it was set in the normal width. I have an extra wide foot and need a 45 boot. Using an extra hole to gain width allowed me to use the straps but at that stage they were too wide.
In a board that had a wider spacing between the screw holes I could use the straps in the normal setting. Others complained that the straps were too loose on that particular model. Obviously one size does not fit all.
Dakine Core Contour straps rise very close to the mounting screws and allow me to use a boot where I could not do so otherwise.
Many Starboard straps have a lot of bulk near the mounting screws. This results in difficulty in inserting wide feet.
There is an opportunity for some manufacturer to make a plastic fitting which would allow users to set the width to their own needs. The adjustment in straps is a height adjustment. A width adjustment would have to be at the point where the straps are mounted.