Thread: Hucker and mast
View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2006, 11:24 AM   #5
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Hucker and mast

I look forward to hearing your impressions of the next version of the Hucker. I recently purchased a 4.8 Hucker. I am 65kg and was out sailing at Canadian Hole and Friscowoods when others were using 3.7 - 6.3. I just kept changing the downhaul to match the conditions. I love this concept!

I've recently ripped the foot (pulley and about three inches of sail cloth) off my 7.7 V8. I am starting to think about how to either fix it or replace it. The 6.6 sounds like a good option especially if they are improving on its wind range. Then, with that in my quiver, I'll probably replace my other small V8's (6.0 & 6.6) with a 5.6 Hucker. To cover the gap above the 6.6 Hucker, I'd probably get an 8.0 Retro (my next sail is a 9.8 V8). This should give me a good range of sails for my boards. I really want to see how an 8.0 Retro would work on the iS 105. I loved how the 7.7 V8 felt on this board when it was fully powered up.

I really like the idea of having less gear to carry around.

Oh, I used the Powerex Z_Free 430 with my 4.8 Hucker. It seemed like a great match for the sail. I loved how the sail felt when I wanted it to act like a 5.5. The amount of pull was amazing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote