View Single Post
Old 21st June 2008, 01:21 AM   #1
Surfmeister

Default Two board wave set-up

Hej!
Today I have two boards, a Fanatic FW 98 and an Evo74 which I have been sailing for the last 2.5 years with. I sail the FW with 5.7-6.4 and the Evo with 4.1-5.7. My sail range is 6.4, 5.7, 5.0, 4.5, 4.1.

I really looooove the Evo feel and really miss this feel when sailing the FW98 (although the FW98 is a really great board). This is especially valid when sailing in waves which I do for most of the time on the west coast of Sweden (1-2.5m waves, x-onshore) and occasionally in Denmark. Since I find sailing B&J not as inviting anymore as sailing in waves I have decided to change my board set-up to two pure wave boards only and am wondering about the ultimate set-up.

During this winter I have lost some weight going from 85kg to 75kg and this obviously has some impact of my set-up. For this year I will be only sailing 5.7-4.1 but for next year I am planning to change my sails to 6.0, 5.3, 4.7, 4.1. Thereby my question; what two boards? I am wondering if a E70/E90 combo would be the best bet. Opinions?
Thanx!
/JB
Surfmeister is offline   Reply With Quote