Thread: Freestyle Fins
View Single Post
Old 4th July 2008, 08:57 AM   #19
windsurferdagg

Send a message via MSN to windsurferdagg

thanks a lot. Yesterday and this morning were both windy, for sure able to get out on the 5.8 and 100L FS board. I was working though. Couldn't get out also, because I had a whole bunch of things to take care of before my wisdom teeth are surgically removed tomorrow :-(. No sailing for a week.

I love the freestyle way. I have a 5.8 and 5.0 and a 4.1. I use the 5.8 and 5.0 in pretty much any wind with the 100L. Its a one board, two sail quiver and it works great for my size (150 pounds/68kg). I will be planing in 12-14 knots on the 5.8 too, which is far more likely to happen around here (compared to 20 knots etc). My technique for non planing jibes and tacks have also exponentially improved just by farting around on the 100L board in light wind. It is tricky at first, and does sink if I do something just a tad wrong, but my sailing in all winds improved a lot. As a good friend erick g. said, "pay your dues". Lightwind sailing is a must, especially for freestyle.

Hopefully I can get more posts in soon. I am going up to a cottage/trailer with family for the week im recovering from the surgery, so I plan on bringing the board and my 5.8 and 5.0.

I NEED WIND!

Thomas
www.tdaggws.blogspot.com
windsurferdagg is offline   Reply With Quote