View Single Post
Old 28th July 2008, 11:01 PM   #4
Roly Gardner

Hi Roger,

Not posted for a while. Hope everyone is having a good Summer.

I am interested in this subject as I am currently concentrating on these skills. I have a number of questions and would be grateful to hear your advice please.

1- Do you need to be in the harness before you go for the front strap?

2- Do you really need to be planing or close to it to get in the straps? I see people getting into the straps really early but when I try I sink the back of the board.

3- I manage to get in the front strap by hooking in then bearing away while leaning back opposing the rig. This takes the weight off my front foot so I can slide it in. I used to luff up, but this seems to have cured that. It is then that I have real difficulty. I cannot get into the right position to get my foot in the back strap. It all gets a bit "slappy" and out of control. I find it hard to turn and open my shoulders ,thus locking in as I have been told , with the harness on. It seems a bit weird twisting like this. I think I am meant to get the rig back and my body weight forward to get the weight off the back foot allowing movement, but I just luff up and lose control.

4- I am quite short(5' 6")and wonder if this changes the angles slightly. They seem a hell of a long way back to me! I have one setting slightly more forward but keep forgetting my philips screwdriver to alter the straps.

Any help would be much appreciated as ever.

Roly
Roly Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote