Thread: Carbon Isonics
View Single Post
Old 17th August 2008, 07:17 PM   #10
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK View Post
Stupid discussions over and over again.
LK,
it seems I need to make my message more clear.
Quote:
As “560” stated above, there were tested lighter “carbon” iSonics and conclusion was, wood was still faster.
560 said that, but this does not mean it is true, expecially if, as it seems (had opportunity to test protos and take part in decision making) 560 is somehow related to the brand. What 560 said seems to me a perfect typical statement from a brand representative.
Quote:
Why not discuss why these stupid other brands can’t figure out that wood construction and a bit more weight in the right parts of a slalom board make the best board.
Personally, I rode sandwich slalom boards made in different ways: custom, glass, carbon (more and less), nomex, wood... So far in my experience my wood Sonic95 had a nice stiffness but excessive weight (6.6) when compared to about 100 lts. RRD281 (5.6), RRD278 (5.7), old Drops276 in full carbon (5.8) and Nomex (5.3), and today's "brand X" (5.6). In my view and feel, performance of my Sonic95 was affected by excessive weight.
As a consequence, I don't think any extra weight in the right places makes a better board in absolute terms. I think that "right" weight makes a better board, that "right" does not mean necessarily "as low as possible" (my old Drops276 in full carbon rode better than its Nomex version), nor "a bit more is better", and that what is right for AA or BD is not necessarily the best for me and you.
Quote:
The board is winning everything for years but it’s not good enough for you Einstein’s.
Starboard is winning everything since long, but this may depend as well by boards' performances or by financial power to afford the best riders. By the way, I refuse to believe that the iSonic I can buy from the shop is just like the ones that KP and AA ride.
Quote:
Last proof, Bjorn in Alacati !!!
Bjorn in Alacati won for many reasons, probably some of which are to be found in AA's mistakes.
Quote:
“THE BEST FOR THE BEST”, AND “THE BEST FOR THE REST” , is not good enough for you !! ????
Again, AA winning everything on Starboard does not mean the same board is the best for me.
Quote:
Never thought about, that the final result could be a product of INTERACTIONS of the different parameters.
Right, I do agree 100%. Always thought about.
geo is offline   Reply With Quote