View Single Post
Old 16th October 2006, 08:19 AM   #2
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Fin Size Isonic 125

How powered up was the sail? I found that to get the iSonic on a plane, I have to bear off the wind a bit and pump. By doing this, you don't put all the force on the fin (which would slip if I'm interpretting your experience correctly). Once on a plane, you can head up on a beam or even upwind. I find I don't pump as much by pushing against the fin. Once on a plane, you will be able to push on the fin. I hope this makes sense. :-/ maybe someone can explain this better.

With my iS105, I use a 7.7 V8 with a 40cm fin or 34cm. If winds aren't strong enough to keep me powered up, the 40cm fin can even feel small. When this sail is powered up and things are really humming along, I pull my 34cm fin out. These are the fins that came with the iS105. But both fins work with this sail quite well if you learn this technique to pump onto a plane.

I would think the same situation would apply for the iS125.

Hopefully this gets the discussion going.

I'm 65 kg, 167 cm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote