View Single Post
Old 16th October 2006, 09:01 AM   #5
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Sail quiver: One or more manufacturers?

I'm in the process of replacing my whole quiver too. My 9.8 V8 is the only sail that I'm keeping.

I'm getting Sailworks because I trust the brand. I'm not saying I don't trust other brands, mind you.

I'll get an 8.0 Retro to fill out my lght wind needs. I'm interested in trying out a large sail that doesn't rely on cambers.

Below that, I'll get a series of Huckers (6.6, 5.6, 4.8). I already have the 4.8. I like to keep the sail model the same in smaller sails because it is easier to pick a sail, IMO.

I do make sure I buy sails that will work well with my masts (or masts for my sails depending on the order of purchases).

I do NOT buy my masts from the sail manufacturer because I know other brands are designed to work fine with the sails. I rely on retail staff to make sure things will match up. I'm very happy with Powerex masts, so all but one mast is a Powerex. Since they have plenty of life in them, I am picking sails that work with them. When the masts wear out, I might look at other sail brands and masts that have different bend characteristics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote