View Single Post
Old 11th October 2008, 05:13 AM   #13
jogi1111

Hi Michael,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
it is always better to get a board and sail, that fit somewhere in the middle of the sail range
Absolutely accurate !

But what is the sail range of a board ?
If you are average weighted, you just have to take a look at the catalog
But the others ... ? They should read this discussion first

Quote:
Sorry I just do not see the point.
Let's have an example: (Sail range data from 2007)
S-Type 104 => 4.5 ... 6.5m => middle: 5.5m
S-Type 115 => 4.8 ... 7.2m => middle: 6.0m
S-Type 126 => 5.0 ... 8.0m => middle: 6.5m

Let's say, I have a perfect board for my 9.0 and I have a perfect one for my 7.5, but I need a board,
what will fit perfectly for my 6.0m sail. I like to take an S-Type, but which one ?

If I would have 80...85 kg, I should take the S-Type 115, as it fits best: middle recommended sail is 6.0m - perfect !

But having this discussion in mind, people with 70 kg (100kg) might now be more aware: they take the S-Type 104 (the ST126 for 100kg), as they know, that their weight have an influence on the sail range of a board - and they both will have more fun with it, than with the S-Type 115 - I'm sure about that
(Don't forget: both (70kg and 100kg) were going to get a board for a 6.0m sail - not just getting any board for their weight ! And without this discussion, both would have thought, the S-Type 115 would be perfekt for the 6.0m sail ...)

That's the point; not more, not less !

Quote:
But at least it is nice to talk about the gear, setup etc...
Especially, when waiting for wind ...

Cheers Jogi

P.S.: At the end, all three (70, 85 and 100kg) will (more or less) recognize the same perfect sail range for their 6.0m sail of 4.8...7.2m, but in 3 different boards !!!

Last edited by jogi1111; 11th October 2008 at 05:16 AM.
jogi1111 is offline   Reply With Quote