Thread: which sonic??
View Single Post
Old 13th October 2008, 06:46 PM   #8
Chris Pressler

Hi all,
perhaps I see thing stoo much out of a competition view, and thought that bubi wants one board for the conditions in between 16 and 26 knots.
Out of my view itīs better to have some liters more on the course. But my suggestion was 101 or 111!
Why? Imagine your plans are racing in Alacati/Turkey for instance. The wind measurement is quite promising, up to 20 knots and in gust 24 knots (just an example). Which board would you recommend. I would recommend for bubis overall setup the 101 or 111 and for a one board decision the 111. The wind is not as strong as in Sylt or in the Arctic or onthe Canaries.
Second example: Bubiīs plans are to race in Lanzarote. We have a lot of swell pushing the board, you have to ride in between waves and you have trade winds with a high density. I would grab a size smaller.

It really depends where you plan to use the board (flatwater, waves, choppy, current, sweet water).

If you plan to race and you will go with a one board solution itīs better to take a bit bigger. Thatīs my opinion. If you sail, when the wind is up for sure a smaller sized board will work fine.

Hope you get my thoughts and why I recommended the 101 or 111.
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote