View Single Post
Old 27th October 2008, 03:58 PM   #4
marek

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychemical View Post
Olaf, I've got a little tip! It took me ages to discover it myself but one day it just hit me! I own a GO 139 and from the beginning i've set the straps fully outboard (dunno why, jsut wanted to make my life difficult i guess ..) but after a while i had the same problem: go fast, no problem, controle the board? uhm yeah ... like barely, and thats cuz i weigh like 95 kilo. Simply cuz i could't cruize in the back footstrap; i was always in the front one, no problem, but the board went ballistic when i tried to get into the rear one. So one day i gave up and said: if i cant get into it, i can try to get behind it: that way i can controle the board by adding a bit of backfoot pressure and because i'm one step closer to the tail, i'm more on the fin and i gain some controle. It worked perfectly and once i was planning i said to myself: if i can get behind it, i can get in it. I tried and what do you know, it worked. See, if you're behind it, you're basicly in an exagerated stance and if the board can tollerate that, it can tollerate your foot in the rear strap for sure. Nowadays on the GO i still opperate like that.
I also do the same on my FT-148 - I put my back foot behind the back footstrap and when the board is at the right speed I slide my back foot in.

-marek
marek is offline   Reply With Quote