View Single Post
Old 25th November 2008, 08:35 AM   #3
CarlosD

Send a message via MSN to CarlosD

Hi chris and all,

Just three weeks ago I´ve received my new toys (IS 133/111/86), so in order to complete Chris detailed report I would like to share my first impressions with all.

IS 111: Is my flagship since 2007 (I had 2007 and 2008 models). The 2009 model seems to be a real evolution of this all terrain speed monster. Rigged with a RSR 7.8 have a wider and very impressive wind range for my weight ( 12 to 25 knots), the board flies over the chopp at insane speeds but the feeling is that you are totally under control. As usual a key factor is the fin choice¨, after discarding the supplied Drake fins (no matter the conditions, you will spin out permanently as you apply back foot pressure) I tried different fins - Debs, MFC, etc, choosing the Deb SL2 42 for light wind and an old Tectonics Spitfire 38 for heavier conditions (believe or not, this good old design proved to me to be the best tool to match the package).
Gybing is a dream , you only must lean a litlle forward compared with the 2008 model, I guess beacuse of the double wingers.
The speed difference is noticeable, I hope to have some GPS data in the next week.
As usual the board is very easy to ride, even for intermediate riders.
I tried the Code Reds 9.0 and 6.7 but not enought time, the first impression is that both sails fit the board (with different fins) so well.
The tunning is very easy , I rigg the sail with little negative outhaul with the boom in the highest position, with 12 knots I begin with the boom on that position and the mast track just at the back extreme position too. As the wind increases I gradually put the boom in a lower setting and the mast track gradually forward, I never touch the outhaul, the new sail designs allow flatten the profile by only lowering the boom.
With this configuration the board really flies .

I hope to have more time tomorrow in order to share some comments as regards the 133 and 86.

Good winds for all

The motors:
Slalom: Code red 8.8 NP RSR 7.8/6.7 evo/6.2 evo NP RS6 5.4
Wave: NP zone 4.4 North Ice 4.7/5.3

The rider: Age 48 (yeah, I know, so old, but still on form)
Height 1,84 m
Weight 87 kg
CarlosD is offline   Reply With Quote