View Single Post
Old 21st October 2006, 07:04 AM   #14
steveC

Default RE: Evo for bump n' jump

PG reiterates an interesting argument thinking about a flatter rockerline in boards like the Kombat and the Exocet Exo Wave, as Ola H. so aptly pointed out much earlier in his comments above. I suggested consideration of the PA line earlier, because I'm one of those folks that use and prefer a straighter and faster tail rocker. After being a surfer for over 23 years before discovering windsurfing, I can easily make a flatter rocker work for me, except in the most radical off the lip maneuvers where all that extra wavey rocker stands out. In reality, a reasonably loose rocker that has some speed and projection better suits my goals.

I remember in my first trip to Maui in 1991, I rented a custom Naish waveboard that was so rockered that it wasn't very much fun out and about. I couldn't return it quick enough and get something else. The epoxy 8'6" Copello Redline board a exchanged it for was much more satisfying.

No doubt, the choices really say much about your real focus and what's fun in your mind. No hard criticisms either way.

steveC is offline   Reply With Quote