View Single Post
Old 26th January 2009, 12:26 PM   #21
Ulf

This has come up time and time agian. The Stype 93 I owned turned out to be 99 ltrs. It made the board very hard in really choppy and windy conditions. It limited my use of that board.
Starboard are well know for bull&%$# volume quotes. They think everyone is better off with virtual volumes. It doesn't matter so much until the volume is 10ltrs over your weight or under. Then it is truelly dissapointing. I've been caught on this a couple of times.
How hard is it to quote on the web site. Virtual Volume due to our advanced changes is Bla bla, and real Volume is Bla Bla.
I've ridden Starboard ( over 23 boards since 2000 ) and find this issue one of the most frustrating. When my dealer rings and asks for orders in April/ May I have to guess what to get as they arrive just as the season starts in September. August 16 ( ahead of US on the dateline)release is to late and still doesn't give the correct volumes.
I love starboards but need to get them one year later because of this issue. It cost them this year. I bought three new boards from another brand and only one Starboard. I got what I wanted this time with no surprises.
There is one other issue for me in the 90-100 ltrs Kodes but other than these two things Starboard would have an excellent range.
It is increadible that such a simple addition to the website is left out year after year.
For race boards look ISAF to get correct volumes. unfortunately it doesn't have wave or freeride boards.
Ulf is offline   Reply With Quote