Thread: Deboichet Fins
View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:56 AM   #6
howieP

Thanks all for the info. Having browsed the Sailswork page and I think it's a bit out of my budget. Let me use the stock fin for while before I move on to a better one.

Refer to GFB's question. Perhap I can give your some info

Comments are give based on prevailing condition of 10-13knots flat water. My weight is 60kg. My IS101 is of 2008 model.

I think you are likely to have water line levels the deck when the wind dies down.
I weigh 60kg and my IS101 is of 2008 model (A bit more volume in the nose than year 2009). I've only use that with my 7m Boxer SL (Twin mini-cam). The board floats me pretty well even in zero wind condition. Uphauling is easy for me exceopt that I have to avoid leveraging too much pressure on the foot near the nose. Otherwise you'll dig the nose down. In non-planing condition, I have to keep my weight a bit back, any attempt to weigh my front foot too much would cause the head to become submerged. For tacking, I have to intentionally avoid sinking the head by doing the transition quickly. This is due to a relatively thin head for this board. Beware that this is even more pronounced for the 2009 model.

I think I can still go down to a IS96 but certainly it'll be less forgiving.

With my local wind condition, a 80kg guy should go for an IS111 instead of IS101. I guess the IS101 can only keep you marginally floating on a 6.6 when uphauling. You need to have some speed in order to pop the head out. (perhaps not as worse as a submarine type of ride

No worry, another friend of mine is also 80kg. He is going to try my IS101 for the same reason. It's likely that he'll be doing this in the coming 1 month. Keep checking and I'll give you more detail later on.

HowieP
howieP is offline   Reply With Quote