Thanks so much for getting back to me and Tom and for helping. Yes, I think we have it solved! This morning I took a sewing pin, probed the EVA deck where I figured the "missing holes" were, and lo and behold....SUCCESS!! After finding and marking the holes, I took a narrow, wooden cuticle stick and placed it through the EVA deck carefully. I wasn't sure if the fittings were in place, but we took one of the footstraps and tightened the screw into the outboard holes. It is my understanding that the fittings indeed are in place! Tomorrow I will counter sink the area and I should be good to go. Hats off to both you and Tom. I should be in the footstraps momentarily......