View Single Post
Old 11th June 2009, 01:13 PM   #5
aa25

I'm 73kg and have been using the 2009 Kode 86 wood for a while now. I've tested it thoroughly in 15 to 25 knots for freeride, freestyle and wavesailing. It's a top board but I'm getting the sense the Kode 80 woodcarbon will much better match my weight for these conditions. I've been finding the 86 just a little big and wide in the tail to sail at my full potential. 80 should cover this, especially with the light weight of woodcarbon construction.

I've come from years of Fanatic Freewave use, so bit of adjustment to Kodes. I think the Freewaves feel livelier, lighter and more agile than kodes, however kodes are faster, smoother, grippier, far looser and more stable/controlled in chop. I feel these characteristics outweigh the freewave's as it allows me to be more balanced when going for moves, which is a lot more important.
Above the 15-25knot conditions I mentioned, a 68 would then suit nicely. I was thinking of getting the 74 to pair with the 86, but I'm pretty sure I'll switch down to 80 & 68 now.
aa25 is offline   Reply With Quote