View Single Post
Old 30th August 2009, 06:29 PM   #15
Chris Pressler

Hi Morten,
very interesting post! I played a lot with fin sizes on the iSonic 122 2009 and went up to 48cm, which gave me solid speed and control. My weight is in between 83 and 85 kg. But after testing with teammates, especially with Jesper Orth, I realised, that my gear was trimmed too extreme. Boom too high and masttrack too far back. Now I came back to an average trimm: enough downhaul, mastbase around the sweet spot (recommended position), 44 fin, front straps middle, backstraps middle or back and boom much lower by 5-8 cm.
The result: more comfort, better locked sail, more control in the jibe and no spinouts, because my bodyweight sits deeper.
Try this out and you will perhaps decide to get a 46 or 44 inside the board. If you will be powered up on the 48, you can realize that the board starts to work a lot along its midleline and doesn´t fly so stable over the water, how it should. Just watch the nose of the board when you feel that the whole system gets powered up. With a shorter fin you will have much more stability. But it depends, what you are looking for: a gearset, which works great on the upwind or a set, which should be a winner on the downwind. And the watersurface has a big influence on your trimm. I would suggest to have at least 2 finsizes for the 122. So you can pimp the board in lighter wind with the 48 and get the best tuning in stronger conditions with a 42 or 44. Depends on the model.

Have fun,
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Chris Pressler; 30th August 2009 at 06:36 PM.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote