Thread: Marketing
View Single Post
Old 6th September 2009, 07:22 AM   #39
mark h

Been following this thread and it seems like just a few are pushing it. Cant really understand what their point or purpose is or why they even care, but its kinda insulting are intelligence a bit. I suspect that they might be very short bad tempered little men

Over the years, I've stuck with Starboard and North sails, why, because I've never had a bad board or sail from these manufactures and I like the way they ride, only top boards/sails. I've tried pretty much all other brands sails & boards, but never liked them. Im not saying other brands are bad, far from it. I just happen to prefer SB and North.

I like the "massive" amount of spec detail on the site as it helps me choose the right model. Most other brands sights dont even quote tail widths etc, let alone a video explain the new design features. I would not encourage SB to cut back on this info as I find it usefull.

SB are a commercial organisation for sure, but, its easy to forget that its run entirely by people that have a passion for windsurfing that genuinely want to make the best boards out there. Every time SB bring out a new board, there is a big gamble, it might not sell. They will have invested a significant amount of money in development and are entitled to pitch there take on each product. In the same way, SB are entitled to quote achievements by past and current team riders.

I think its good when people list there kit. It gives you an idea of what style of riding they do. Plus, I can ask them a question about a specific board/sail. List your kit

Could write page after page here, but will stick with just the bullet points.

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mark h; 6th September 2009 at 07:40 AM.
mark h is offline   Reply With Quote