Thread: Marketing
View Single Post
Old 6th September 2009, 09:36 PM   #42
Floyd

Wink

Being a short bad tempered kind of bloke thought I`d better reply too. (even though I said I wouldn`t!!!)

Its difficult to express a negative point and still applaud what starboard have achieved. (more than any other single manufacturer???)

I dont like the flashy brochures/hundreds of sponsored sailors with all the associated costs ;yet when I purchase a board I still have to pay for them !!!! Perhaps those that dont like the "hype/marketing should get a 50 discount ? Wonder how many would pay ???

Boards prices are approaching 1300 ; for 7kg of material ... I would like to see a break down of that 1300. How much is marketing ???? I suspect far more than any other manufacturer ?????But it works ; which IMO says something about the consumer not the supplier. (Mark H ???)

And the info on website/brochures is not what I use to buy a board.(I bought an S type like that and learned my lesson !!!) Only real way to choose a board is to try it !!! (And even then it takes a while; 2 or 3 hours in right conditions sailing with a mate and or GPS)

My distractions
Fanatic Mega Jag . F2 Style.(260) Evo 80.Kode 94. Sailboard Start.F2 Powerglide. Mistral Syncro 124 RD.Tiga Wave.Mistral Screamer.BMW Z3m.Fireblade. Gasgas 300. and a couple of snowboards somewhere..17 Sails. (dating from 1979) Oh and a mountain bike !!! (Decathlon; but its a goodun !!! (2 GPS units ; one from 1997 !!! ????????????
And none of them are toys !!!!

Good sailing !!!
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote