View Single Post
Old 14th November 2006, 01:08 AM   #1
mheppell

Default Intermediate Windsurfing board

I know you answer this a thousand times...
but I can't sleep for 1 week...

I started windsurfing this summer. I have a Fanatic slalom Bee 125l and a Nova 180l. Although the Bee is 15 years old, it is in good shape and weights 21 pounds.

I only used the Bee 4 times since I've used the foostrap. Since I loves the speed and agility of the Bee (compared to my Nova). I might look to replaced both boards. I weight 180 lb, 34, and I am an agressive intermediate who wants to progress (footstrap, harness and water start OK). I sail 30 times a year in these conditions: 8.5 (35%), 6.7 (35%) and 5.5 (20%) and looking for a 4.5 (10%) to complete my quiver. 12 days are in Cape Hatteras and others in Montreal, Quebec area.

Any board suggestion? Can a board be good in these broad conditions or 2 is required? if so which to replace? Should I only replace the Nova, keep the Bee and buy a board for light wind or the opposite: keep the nova the light wind and get a board for medium wind?

In other words, which one is the most restrainer (prevent me to get air, jibe or chop fun)? A New Big fatso board or an old design medium wind board.

Thank you!
mheppell is offline   Reply With Quote