View Single Post
Old 19th November 2006, 11:19 AM   #12
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: 6.5 sail for gusty lake sailing

Hey Roger... I was using my 4.8 Hucker this week when those crazy winds blew through. I used my 5.6 Hucker until the winds filled in. People were out with 7.0 & 8.0's while I was on the 5.6. I think I was ITFS 50% of the time while they were ITFS at least 80% of the time. I was about to get in the car to head home when the winds picked up more. In 5 minutes, (I timed myself) I rigged up the 4.8 and pulled out my 91L board.

The winds were perfect for the 4.8. I'd never felt that powered up with the sail.

I'd have trouble telling Palmer what sail to get too. I've been so happy with the high wind capabilities of the 4.8 Hucker, I can't picture myself needing a 4.2 very much.

The thing that amazes me about the Huckers most recently? That I can waterstart them with almost no wind. Even when I'm wet in a lull, I seem to be able to pop out of the water without too much effort.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote