View Single Post
Old 21st November 2006, 04:08 AM   #10
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: How to avoid "spin outs"?

Roger, that sounds like a more professional way of writing a '20 knot clause.' I saw the forecast too. ;-) I guess while it is raining, you'll have time to write it up again.

Tuesday: Rain likely, then occasional rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 60. Very windy, with a northeast wind 30 to 33 mph increasing to between 46 and 49 mph. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between one and two inches possible.

Wednesday: Occasional rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 61. Very windy, with a northeast wind 34 to 37 mph increasing to between 43 and 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between two and three inches possible.

On a more serious note, with waterskiing, people tune their waterskis with calipers. They keep a notebook log of the changes and how it affected their performance. There aren't as many things to move on a ski, but I like how they explain what you can do to tune your set up. Maybe this would apply here? I only say this because I haven't seen a good explanation of this stuff anywhere on the web yet. If it is written up, please share the link!

Could you produce a list of the things you can tune and what the change affects? Bigger/smaller fin, mast track forward/back, footstraps, boom height, harness lines, etc. Has this been formalized before?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote