View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2010, 02:33 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm really fascinated by the Serenity. I live in Venice, yes right in the watertown, and here in summetime winds around 3-4 knots are usual. The Serenity would mean fun almost everyday, instead waiting for rare north-east strong winds.
The Serenity is a killer in such typical ultra light wind: faster and points higher than any other windsurfing board. This is the class America ultimate performance machine for such wind conditions. Period.

Can you tell me where's the nearer Starboard windsurf center provided by Starboard with a Serenity to rent and test, better new model? Garda Lake? The nearer centre I've found is in Podersdorf, Austria, not just "around the corner"...

Check out the Swiss dealer located in Luzern, Switzerland, for a demo.

I asked it in Porto Pollo Sardinia center two years ago, but they knew and had the Gemini, they didn't know even what was the Serenity.
Way too windy a spot for a Serenity...

And also: are you planning a shorter version of Serenity? Yes 460 means the maximum speed, but not the maximum easyness of carrying it, so a 360 also little wider in the middle could be a must, imho.
The Serenity is not a planing hull, but a true gliding hull. The longer the hull, the better in ultra light wind. In sum :

Serenity > Phantom380 > Phantom320 in winds less than 5 knots.

If you feel the lenght of the Serenity is a problem to you (why ?), a Phantom 380 or 320 is a good alternative, but not as good as the Serenity in 3-4 knots winds...

Cheers !

Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote