View Single Post
Old 9th April 2010, 08:23 AM   #7
agrelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
kvda, thank you for your feedback. I am actually surprised that some of the windsurfers experience the recommended by Starboard manufacturer sail size not comfortable.
My reasoning was as per below info but I think I should reconsider based on your input. For F122 I use 6.5 and 8.0 Sailworks Retro where the spec is 5.5 to 9.0. For F93 I intend to use 5.2 and 5.8 Sailworks Revo while the spec calls for 4.0 to 6.5. I thought that it would be well within the range of this board. The 101 spec calls for 4.7 to 7.5 which I believed it would be more overlap in the high range than needed and no overlap for my 75L. I read about opinions that the F93 sails comfortably with 7.0 so I would expect that 5.8 should be plenty good.
My 75L takes 3.7, 4.2 and 4.6 while 5.2 already feels too big for it.
Based on the above, my reasoning was if I go with 93L, I should be OK with the gap between 122 and also 5.2 sail should feel perfectly for it.
Andrew
Apparently, though I haven't tried it yet with anything other than my 5.8m, this board can work all the way up to 7.0 well. There was an older post about this where 2 team members tested the F93 with 7.0m sails and 38cm fins. So If you're planning to use 6.5m on it it should be perfect, and I think this should also work quite well with the 122: so the overlap seems to be just right to me.

I, sadly, have to put my Futura (which I got 2 days ago) away from the beach for the next month until I pass my final exams. It's going to be a tough month.