View Single Post
Old 11th April 2010, 10:13 AM   #4
IRL-250

Send a message via Skype™ to IRL-250

Havn't had a chance to test out my smaller boards back to back as i only got them at the end of last year and then the wind dissapeared for the winter :-( but a friend of mine has both the I Sonic 86 and W49 speedboard and achieves similar speeds on both boards when the speedcourse is square to the wind (90 to 115 degrees). Once the wind is between 125 to 140 degrees the speedboard is clearly faster.

Like Mark said the I Sonic 86 is a perfect board for speedsailing if you don't want a full on speedboard and it is capable of 40 knots plus. Also if where you sail is choppy then a I Sonic 86 would be faster most of the time because a speedboard needs flat water to get the best out of it and can be slower than a slalom board in chop.

KA Sails (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Chinook (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Vector Maui Fins (
)
Pro Motion Wetsuits (
)
Wind & Wave (
)
Curve (
)
Windsurfingfins (
)

KA Koncept 4.4, 5.0, 5.8, 6.6, 7.5, 8.3, 9.5
KA Kaos 4.2, 4.7, 5.3,
KA Kult 5.8, 6.4m

Starboard - Isonic Speed W53, Phantom 380, Quatro 85l Evil Twin Custom.
IRL-250 is offline   Reply With Quote