View Single Post
Old 27th April 2010, 11:30 PM   #9
agrelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlo View Post
Hi Agrelon, here is a test of the FU93 with North Warp 5.8: http://www.star-board.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5455 (I know you read French). It says this is a good combo but the board works even better with bigger sails up to 7 mē. Warp/RAM F8 are both very fast. The big advantage I see in cambered sails is lower drag, which makes them point a bit higher, go a bit faster... However the difference with no cam sails may be less sensible in small sizes.
I've found a North Sails loft in Hong Kong so getting my sail fixed well should be fine

I think that last time I sailed my sail/board wasn't planing fast because my boom had slipped down about 10cm during my overpowered session off shore, thus leading my whole setup to feel sluggish and slow to planing.

I only managed a peak of 21knots on the GPS, which was pretty disappointing but the chop was the hardest I've ever sailed in in Hong Kong so far...

Hopefully I'll get a more docile/flatwater session in soon enough (and my sail fixed by then!) where I can really push my Vmax and test the board's feeling with different boom heights.

Cheers