View Single Post
Old 1st June 2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Meyersurf

Default Which waveboard to choose

Hi all!

I am going to buy a new waveboard and would be happy to here your advice. I am 88kg and have experienced some decades of being windsurfing addicted.

In former times I sailed "real" waveboards with 75 l and 50-54 width. Than I switched to a Freewave Board with 78 liter (Fanatic) and now I miss the 100% secure feeling in highwind and turning abilities. Usally I prefer to sail powered up and thus use bigger sails than other riders but at the same time use smale boards. Mostly I sail at baltic sea with low power smale waves (?mushy?) which were generate by the wind (side to cross on shore).

My bigger board is a Freewave 96 l with 62 width which I like to use with 6.5 and 5.7. Unfortunatly I also have to update my Sail quiver and I am planning (please also give advice if this seems not sensefull) to go for 5.0 / 4.5 /4.1 (last one has not seen much use in the past years). Currently I use 5.7 with both the 96 and the 78 FSW board.

I am very confused with the new types of waveboard and I have no testing opportunity available here. So please give me your thoughts ... Quad 76???

Thank you and sorry for long reading!

CHristian
Meyersurf is offline   Reply With Quote