Thread: 2011 Boards
View Single Post
Old 20th July 2010, 11:00 PM   #4
Ola_H
TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic View Post
As I can notice, I think the EVO IQ 2011 are the shape of the Quad 2010 with single and twin fins option instead of quad option. Am I right ?
Yes, pretty much. The 71 is a totally new shape.

Quote:
With the Evo IQ, There is only one single fin provided, not the twin fins, but with he Quad IQ, all the options fins are provided, why not the Evo IQ ?
I don't know the background for this decision. Of course, every fin delivered with a board will affect the price to the end user so maybe it's a measure to keep cost down for those who might not be interested in the twin option. And nowadays there are also so many different styles of twin fins around, so the sailor might wanna chose his or her own fav twin fin.

Quote:
I have a 76 l quad 2010 and 66l quad 2010, it seems there is no very small Quad or Evo option, so I will keep it.
The Q66 is a sick board for high wind control, particularly with the 13cm set of front fins. But do watch this space for an interesting option...

Quote:
but what are the difference with a Quad 76 2010 and a Quad IQ 77 2011, the one foot lenght is smaller for the new quad right ?
Like Scotty writes above, the new 2011 Quads are smoother in outline. Effectively there is a bit more outline curve in the middle but a bit less between your feet. This and the pin tail also gives a smaller ofo. But I'd say that the different curve is what matters, not so much the actual width at the tail. The outline design of the EVO IQ and 2010 Quads with a straighter middle and a "hip" between your feet is a classic (since the original EVOs and even further back) way of combining rail drive when you push forwards with an almost autopilot way of going vertical and hit the lip when you release this forward pressure. This works with all fin setups. With the smoother outline of the 2011 Quads the rider need to drive the board vert a bit more actively, but on the other hand the smoother design can super powerful "pro level" amount of drive better.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote