Once you're on the leeside, either by the beginning of a helicopter tack or by doing a Leeside escape, you can do a helicopter tack or a leeside jibe.
here are instructions from Petra Kanz and Andy Brandt for first basic Back wind move the helicopter tack:
1. Head up into the wind, keep hands on boom, weight on the back foot. Oversheet
2. At 12:00 Swing front foot around to front of mast (No weight)
3. At 1:30 Move the sail forward with straight front arm, "head up, Hips in" Board will keep heading off and back wind. As board heads off start putting weight on front foot. Keep Clew open by lifting.
4. When weight is equal on the balls of both feet(hip width apart, heels on centerline), swing sail back, keep thumbs up, hands close, palms open, use indepenpent arms to box sail, don't stall, keep front arm straight,elbow up.Use aft hip to to drive sail upwind if overpowered. Bear board off to 3 or 9 position. <¥/
5. To start move back foot forward to mast foot. guide Sail forward & windward to go off wind, maintain angle in plane of wind not board . Center of pressure should be in front of you. Keep clear of Raging Bull THEN
6. Let go with front hand Reach backand grab boom with back hand, step front foot back(not too far, don't move old back foot), Arch back Nuff said attitude. HEAD UP and KEEP LOOKING FORWARD AND TO WINDWARD. Sail will swing into clew first position.
7. Level boom, flip and Smile.
8, NB this is one handed move use 1 hand to control sail on lee hand , one hand to reach back.
Escape to leeside. Curl toe around mast, Front hand on mast, lead with hip, reach around to grab boom, heel lead with feet to perform tack chi. Look where you are going. Roll sail forward.If sail stalls lift clew. Leeside stages: stall>power>luff.
F2 Max2Air/Madd135 Powerex Masts
Tuning Tech for Sailworks/Roger Jackson
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.